Fostering is a great way to help our dogs through various stages of their stay with Dogs for the Deaf. We have a variety of foster programs available so that you can choose one to fit your lifestyle. Some of our dogs find kennel life stressful – that’s where our Foster Families come in! Foster Families provide a home and lots of love to a dog in training. This is a great opportunity if you live close to the Dogs for the Deaf facility.
Why fostering is a good choice:
- You can make an important contribution to Dogs for the Deaf by helping prepare dogs for their future work
- Dogs for the Deaf is responsible for all veterinary care of the dog
- We have a foster program to fit your family’s lifestyle
- Patience to work with a young, active dog and teach house manners
- Fully fenced yard
- Must live in the Southern Oregon area
- Willingness and flexibility to transport dogs to/from Dogs for the Deaf or to/from meeting place
- Willingness to communicate with trainers
If you can help, contact Hannah Crane or call 1-800-990-3647 ext. 330.